Job description / Role
Lab Specialist Physics, Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, UAE
Abu Dhabi Polytechnic was established by the Institute of Applied Technology in 2010 to offer a dual educational-professional training system with multiple high-tech disciplines (specializations) to produce technologists and engineers to serve the UAE industrial manpower required for Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
Specifically ADP vision is to create skilled professional technologists and engineers capable of performing at the highest international standards to build a knowledge-based economy in the UAE. Academic Support dept of ADPOLY offers the general education curriculum in six main clusters: natural sciences (physics and chemistry), mathematics (pre-calculus, calculus and advance mathematics courses), and fundamentals in engineering technology, humanities and English language and communication skills.
The curriculum at Academic Support Dept has been developed based on specialized programs’ needs offered at Abu Dhabi Polytechnic
We are seeking to hire a Lab Specialist Physics for this dept. Applicants must be qualified to Bachelor or Master level in Physics. Applicants should have minimum of 2-5 years Lab/teaching experience at Higher Education Institutions, technical Universities or Polytechnic Institutes.
The main responsibilities of the Lab specialist will be:
• To assist the Senior Faculty or section coordinator in the conduct of tutorials, laboratories, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
• The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
• Involvement in professional activity.
• Consultation with students.
• Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
• Production of teaching materials for students for whom the staff member has responsibility.
• Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
• Acting as course coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
• Attendance at staff meetings and/or membership on a limited number of AD Poly committees.
• Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
• Performs other duties assigned by the head of applicable division/unit.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
AED 14,000 to 16,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Applicants must be qualified to Bachelor or Master level in Physics.
• Applicants should have minimum of 2-5 years Lab/teaching experience at Higher Education Institutions, technical Universities or Polytechnic schools with excellent command on verbal and written communication in English.
• IELTS academic band of 7 is required for Non Native English speakers.
About the Company
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. In Addition, IAT encompasses well established higher learning programs in aviation, logistics and nursing. The institute has an overall of twenty campuses (fourteen schools, four colleges for Fatma College of Health Sciences and two colleges for Abu Dhabi Polytechnic), located in the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Western Region, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Quwain, Ras Al Khaima and Al Fujairah; with its directorate based in Abu Dhabi.
The Institute was founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence.
Physics Teacher (KS4 - KS5)
|Ras Al Khaimah||9 Jul|
TEMP High School Teacher
Institute of Applied Technology (IAT)
Subject Teacher - UK Curriculum, US Curriculum
NSI & Bluefin Talent
|Abu Dhabi||31 Mar|
Global Business Network (GlobNet)