Job description / Role
- Will be responsible for executing methodologies for plant tissue culture and micro propagation cloning activities.
- Perform tissue culture and micro propagation methodologies for mass scale clone production.
- Help execute cultivation methods for efficient, high-throughout propagation.
- Maintenance of glassware and of culture media stock for production.
- Familiarity with autoclaves, centrifuge, incubator, laminar flow hood, analytical balances.
- Operation of laboratory equipment in a safe manner.
- Assure cleanliness of glassware, plastic ware, and other supplies as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Plant Science or related field.
- Excellent listening skills, ability to follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills, and detail oriented.
- Experience producing clones in commercial nursery.
- Prior experience with sterile technique and maintaining plant tissue culture.
- Working familiarity with the maintenance and archiving of laboratory documents, SOP's including electronic record keeping, and electronic inventory management.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform delicate work with small hand tools for long periods of time.
- 1-2 years' experience with plant tissue culture, nursery production, plant propagation, a sterile laboratory setting or some combination thereof is strongly preferred.
- Sets up, operates and maintains laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Modifies equipment according to experiments specification and requirements.
- Optimization of plant production techniques / protocols and maintenance of general laboratory cleanliness, organization and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.