Job description / Role
As Operations Manager you will be responsible to plan and direct operations and improve productivity and efficiency of the G42 Omics Lab. You will oversee logistics management, which includes making sure that the Lab has the equipment and procedures in place to give customers the best product or service possible. You will also collaborate with other department to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision.
• Manages day to day operations while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management.
• Addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the project/department goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
• Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
• Plays a significant role in planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
• Implement the site asset management strategy and delivery of asset maintenance.
• Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related Life Sciences field with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
• A university level certificate/degree in Genetics especially Medical Genetics will be a strong selective advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in laboratory effectiveness and operations management.
• Previous experience in an ISO accredited laboratory
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities.
• The role holder will have a well-developed knowledge of maintenance and facilities management processes.
• Experience of integrated risk management
• Ability to manage engineering risks, hazards and controls
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency
• Experience in an NGS/TGS laboratory or R&D environments preferred.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||6 Oct|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Medical Research Specialist I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||23 Jul|
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|