Job description / Role
- Will be responsible for executing methodologies for DNA extraction, purification, quantification and PCR amplification for DNA fingerprinting of samples, as per the instructed protocols.
- Sample collection for performing the required plant DNA and related tests.
- Preparing and issuing test reports based on the performed lab tests.
- Perform tissue culture and micro propagation methodologies for mass scale clone production.
- Help execute cultivation methods for efficient, high-throughput propagation.
- Maintenance of glassware and of culture media stock for production.
- Familiarity with autoclaves, centrifuge, incubator, laminar flow hood, analytical balances.
- Operation of laboratory equipment in a safe manner.
- Assure cleanliness of glassware, plastic ware, and other supplies as needed.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Plant Science or related field.
- Excellent listening skills, ability to follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills, and detail oriented.
- Experience in modern DNA laboratory operations.
- Prior experience with sterile technique and maintaining plant tissue culture.
- Working familiarity with the maintenance and archiving of laboratory documents, SOP's including electronic record keeping, and electronic inventory management.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform delicate work with small hand tools for long periods of time.
- 1-2 years' experience with plant DNA extraction, purification, quantification and PCR amplification for DNA fingerprinting of samples.
- Experience in plant tissue culture, nursery production, plant propagation, a sterile laboratory setting or some combination thereof is strongly preferred.
- Sets up, operates and maintains fingerprinting laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Modifies equipment according to experiments specification and requirements.
- Reception and preparation of samples designated for testing from growth chambers, greenhouses, nurseries, and clients as per the established sampling programs.
- Data analysis of processed samples and record-keeping and archiving of reports of analyzed samples.
- Conduct research assignments as allocated by director / supervisor and reports on the status of research activities.
- Assist in training of visiting students and interns in molecular biology techniques.
- Optimization of molecular biology techniques / protocols and maintenance of general laboratory cleanliness, organization and safety.
- Ordering and management of needed chemicals, consumables, equipment and electronic inventory-keeping of the same.
- Interprets, synthesizes and analyses data using scientific or statistical techniques and write material for publication and presentation.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||15 Oct|
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||6 Oct|
Laboratory Operations Manager
|Abu Dhabi||28 Sep|
Research Assistant - Grant
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||19 Oct|
Laboratory Assistant /Plant Tissue Culture Technician
A Fast-Growing Group of Manufacturing Companies Based in Abu Dhabi
|Al Ain||26 Nov|