Job description / Role
• The Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for the position of Laboratory Engineer. The successful candidate is expected to prepare lab materials in consultation with the faculty, provide laboratory instruction to students, and contribute to the continuous improvement of lab course materials.
• Preparing the laboratories fit for operation and supervising the implementation of the lab's requirements, budgeting, procurement, recruitment, website - according to the deliverables of each lab setup.
• Develop work plans related to the implementation of Lab projects and assist in developing the allocated budget in coordination with the Dean/s and the Lab Managers (Professors).
• Supervising work teams and supervising the various engineering works to ensure that they are completed as required.
• Work with equipment suppliers to thoroughly understand equipment installation needs and allocate equipment space and resources as required to - develop successful labs.
• Work with faculty and Lab instructors to develop lab materials for experiments.
• Closely administer lab activities and provide timely feedback to faculty. Supervise students in a professional manner.
• Assist students in senior design project activities. Complete other service duties as assigned by the head of department.
• Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with concentration on electronics and Communication or equivalent with a minimum three years relevant experience (in academia or industry) , MSc is a plus.
• Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with concentration on electronics and Communication or equivalent, MSc is a plus.
• Excellent skills with Electronics and Communication equipment and devices.
• Familiarity with design software such as Multisim, Cadence, AWR, Labview and other related software design.
• Excellent skills in electronics and communication circuit design, troubleshooting, and testing.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and maintaining lab equipment.
• Minimum three years of relevant experience (in academia or industry).
• Good communication skills in English (spoken and written).
• Laboratory specialist
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
Clinical Laboratory Technician
Cats Medical Center Veterinary Clinic LLC
Electro Mechanical Engineer
Baalbaki Chemical Industries (BCI)