Job description / Role
A full-time position for a Petroleum Engineering Lab Specialist with experience in Core Analysis is available at the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering starting Jan. 2023 or as soon after.
The candidate must have a B.Sc. degree in Petroleum Engineering. Industrial/teaching experience in Core Analysis is preferable. The candidate must be capable of communicating effectively with students and enhancing their learning experience. English is the language of instruction and communication in the College of Engineering at UAEU.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and maintain the Petroleum Engineering labs in general and the Core Analysis lab in particular.
- Prepare and test core analysis samples.
- Assist students in data collection and analysis.
- Prepare and place equipment and safety products scheduled for use during the laboratory teaching sessions.
- Train research assistants and graduate students on using lab instruments and equipment.
- Provide support to faculty members in carrying out their research work.
- Facilitate the procurement of new equipment by communicating and coordinating with vendors and the purchasing department.
- Maintain professional and ethical academic standards, including but not limited to, maintaining required office hours and meeting lab/class for the scheduled duration.
The department may assign other duties as needed.
- B.Sc. degree in Petroleum Engineering. Applicants with an M.Sc. degree are preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Adequate computer skills.
- Relevant industrial/teaching experience in Core Analysis is a plus.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.