Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are currently seeking a Land Economist to join Advisory Services Strategic Planning. This Land Economist's role is to provide services in real estate management, land valuations, project selections, DCFs, CBA / Externalities, real estate projects appraisals, and market analysis.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Conducts analysis of proposed land use and investment appraisal.
* Undertakes real estate market analysis and develop reports.
* Prepares real estate development proposals.
* DCF / Financial and Economic Modelling.
* Prepares quality project technical reports for submission to the Client.
* Undertakes activities to support land valuations, real estate projects appraisals, market analysis of real estate and airport projects.
* Develops and manages good and effective relationships with the clients and other stakeholders.
* Undertakes activities to develop program and build the capacity of the staff identified through coaching and mentoring.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* At least a Bachelor's degree (preferably a Master's Degree), in Land Economics or related discipline from a recognized university.
* Should have at least 10 years overall experience including at least 5 years' experience in consulting.
* Should demonstrate experience in mixed land use developments.
* Extensive knowledge in land valuations, real estate projects appraisals.
* Experience in real estate management, market analysis of the real estate projects in major mixed land use development projects.
* Excellent technical writing skills (mandatory).
* Experience in preparing project reports, and/or publications.
* Excellent English language skills (mandatory).
* Regional experience in ME / GCC Countries.
* Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
* Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
* Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.