Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for Land Surveyors to join our Site Supervision team in Abu Dhabi. The Land Surveyor will be assigned to supervise and check the setting out of the works on the project. This position will report directly to the engineer in charge of the relevant section of work on the project.
The key objectives of the role will be to;
• Perform survey works under the direction and guidance of the Engineer in charge.
• Check Contractors establishment of the primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference points and reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
• Supervise the Contractors surveying staff.
• Record discrepancies or technical problems to the Engineer in charge.
• Coordinate with the Contractors Surveyors on work priorities and schedule.
• With the Contractor perform joint measurements of the completed work for payments purposes, as directed by the QS via the Engineer.
• Check completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the inspector assigned in the work.
• Perform regular checks of the Contractor setting out to verify proper execution and accuracy.
• Maintain equipment in proper condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
• Review and comment appropriately to RFAs as received from the contractor, when directed by the Engineer.
• Review and comment appropriately to shop drawings received from the Contractor, when directed by the Engineer.
• Ensure that the works are being constructed to the latest construction and shop drawings.
• Ensure that works are compliant with the Contractors HSE plan at all times.
• Record all measurements and calculations etc neatly and accurately in field books as the work progress.
• Civil Engineering with 4 years’ experience in land surveying and Diploma with 8 years’ experience.
• Relevant practical experience, and be able to take responsibility of your own workload.
• Experience in ground modelling package and working knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage.
• It is essential that you hold a full current driving license.
• Comprehensive knowledge of planning and environmental regulations and health and safety.
• Knowledge of surveying technology and CAD programs.
• Experience on procedures and work sequence.
• Experience in information management (how it get inputs and how to produce outputs).
• Good IT and numerical Skills particularly databases.
• Effective Time management skills.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.