Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking to hire a Land Surveyor for a large-scale project providing municipal sewerage, TSE/Irrigation, and stormwater drainage connections to a large number of developed communities in Dubai.
Key Duties and Tasks:
Inspection / supervising of project activities / works.
• Highly experienced in Total Station and their associated software.
• Use of AutoCAD and other related software.
Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Project Manager;
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Other duties as requested from time to time by the Resident Engineer.
• Diploma in Land Surveying
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar level role, preferably in the GCC.
• Full and complete knowledge of existing infrastructure and wastewater networks in Dubai, UAE.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
• Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Previous approval from DM an advantage
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.