Job description / Role
The Landfill Site Manager administers the efficient and cost-effective operation of the landfill and sites under his control while meeting or exceeding the requirements of the landfill operating license and the environmental laws, rules, and standards of the UAE.
General Summary: The Landfill Site Manager administers the efficient and cost-effective operation of the landfill and sites under his control while meeting or exceeding the requirements of the landfill operating license and the environmental laws, rules, and standards of the UAE.
* Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and ensuring training and development needs are met for staff members, laborers, and vendors associated with project work
* To generate the Annual Performance Evaluation and assist team members in solving the performance deficiencies with progressive discipline.
* Scheduling responsibilities for staff, laborers, and vendors related to project work.
* Duties require knowledge of landfilling and solid waste disposal and earthwork, drainage, and utilities design and construction. Experience with the utilization of earthmoving equipment, including bulldozers, backhoes, loaders, and trucks, is desirable.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is required.
* A Professional Engineering License and 5-10 years of experience in the field or a related field are required.
* A Master's Degree in environmental or geotechnical engineering is desirable.
* Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain within six months is desirable.
* Certified as a Landfill Manager or ability to obtain certification within one year is required.
* Prior experience in the waste disposal and waste sorting and recycling field is very desirable.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.