Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Landscape Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a new buildings related project based in our Abu Dhabi office.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Plan and prepare a Preventive Maintenance Schedule for Soft scape & Irrigation.
• Preparing work orders proposal and budgeting for landscaping & irrigation works.
• Reviewing of method statements and shop drawings
• Coordinating and Inspecting site conditions before the start of construction activities. Verifying the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works. Checking for obstructions. Photograph and document the condition of an existing property that might be damaged by the work. Make sure all existing structures, property, utilities and Landscaping are properly protected.
• Review and inspection of materials and suppliers to ensure required standards.
• Prepare the detailed report in line with the requirements of a horticulturist's standards
• Visit manufacturers/suppliers to ensure quality will be achieved
• Inspect materials delivered on-site for quality and compliance with specification
• Monitor [sub] contractor's performance in relation to acceptable standards.
• Liaison and coordinate with the necessary specialized sub-consultants.
• Reviewing contractor's claims related to interior architectural works and preparing technical recommendations for claims to Architectural PM
• Analyzing laboratory and testing reports.
• Reviewing the contractor's project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the interior architectural works.
• Prepare weekly technical interiors report
• Signing off on completed Landscaping works with completed documentation
• Perform all other duties given by PM/PD.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant disciplines: Landscape Architecture or Engineering (Civil Engineering acceptable if experience has been in Landscape).
• Minimum Ten (10) years of experience with a minimum of five (5) years in the Middle East and previous experience with a project of similar nature.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.
• Computer proficiency.
• Ability to work with contractors at the site and any other necessary parties.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE