Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Laundry Attendant and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To provide guests and staff laundry services that meets Sofitel Standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process laundry by either washing, dry cleaning or pressing
- Follow procedures for the above processes as established by the Laundry Manager
- Carefully use of laundry chemicals, solvent and spotting chemicals as instructed
- Mark all items for laundering paying attention to room numbers and sequences
- Pay particular attention to any items requiring pre-wash soaking
- Weigh all laundry prior to loading into machines
- Use laundry equipment as instructed and maintain them in a proper state of cleanliness
- Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and accomplish daily tasks as instructed
- Report to supervisors any stained or torn guest and staff laundry before beginning process of cleaning. Also report any items left in pockets or any jewelry on clothing
- Ensure all guest requests and instructions are adhered to. E.g. fold in trousers. Light starch, shirt folded etc.
- Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
- Present guest and staff laundry as instructed
- Adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Carry out valet services as needed including delivery of linen
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.