Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide guests and staff laundry services that meets Sofitel Standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process laundry by either washing, dry cleaning or pressing
- Follow procedures for the above processes as established by the Laundry Manager
- Carefully use of laundry chemicals, solvent and spotting chemicals as instructed
- Mark all items for laundering paying attention to room numbers and sequences
- Pay particular attention to any items requiring pre-wash soaking
- Weigh all laundry prior to loading into machines
- Use laundry equipment as instructed and maintain them in a proper state of cleanliness
- Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and accomplish daily tasks as instructed
- Report to supervisors any stained or torn guest and staff laundry before beginning process of cleaning. Also report any items left in pockets or any jewelry on clothing
- Ensure all guest requests and instructions are adhered to. E.g. fold in trousers. Light starch, shirt folded etc.
- Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
- Present guest and staff laundry as instructed
- Adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Carry out valet services as needed including delivery of linen
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.