Job description / Role
A Laundry Manager is responsible for running laundry departments day to day operations and also to deliver an excellent Guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and putting into operation the current system and technical advancement in the field of Laundry operations.
- Formulating washing formula for stained loads.
- Ensuring the washing of linen and uniform as per standard.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment.
- Coordinating with the Engineering Department about their routine maintenance of the equipment.
- Preparing Annual Laundry Budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team for outstanding repairs of machinery.
- Overall controlling and supervision of the Department.
- Training and coordination with supporting Departments.
- Record and monitor laundry cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
Your Experience And Skills Include:
- At least 3- 5 years of experience
- 5 star laundry experience
- Exposure to central or commercial laundry settings
- Exposure in handling heavy duty laundry operations (at least 50 tons)
- Knowledge of market segment
- Understanding Laundry Cost and P&L
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Understanding of manpower requirement/management
- Basic knowledge of laundry & machine operational
- General Laundry training knowledge
- Knowledge of the laundry chemicals
- Basic knowledge on chemical hazards, basic safety trainings etc.
- Bilingual (written and spoken English) and an additional one
- Driving License advantage
- Customer oriented
- Ability to close deals
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.