Job description / Role
Laundry Supervisor - THE8 HOTEL
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Issue uniforms and linens to staff according to systems and the procedures by the hotel management.
- Makes inventory and control the movement of soiled, damaged and fresh linens and uniforms.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure all uniforms and linens are clean and in good condition.
- Conduct quarterly inventory of Room linens, F&B linens and colleague uniforms.
- Conduct Weekly Inventory of Laundry supplies and chemicals.
- Report faulty equipment, maintenance needs, and safety hazards to manager and to Engineering Department.
- Train employees on all laundry procedures, including safety procedures and equipment operation.
- Verify that laundry requests are completed for each department as needed.
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, ironing and drying machinery.
- Inspect linens and terry for damage.
- Assist manager in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Accomplished monthly production report, payroll and overtime.
- Coordinates with the suppliers and outside contractors.
- Report any guest laundry discrepancies.
- To ensure the quality of all guest laundry according to Hotel Standards.
- To ensure that all preferences and guest requirements are met.
- Washing and Pressing all guest laundry, uniforms and executive laundry and other items.
- Help other colleagues in uniform and laundry area when needed.
- Update the laundry tracker by encoding the items delivered. Check and report any discrepancies.
- Check the delivery receipt and inform the supplier for pending balances.
- Contact the uniform supplier for any uniform request. Schedule for uniform measurements among various departments of the hotel.
- Receiving deliveries from outsourced company and report any discrepancies.
- Follows all SOP and Hotel`s Standard Procedures
- Minimum of 2 years experienced in Uniform and Laundry Operation.
- Knowledgeable in Housekeeping Operation.
- Knowledgeable in Excel and Microsoft.
- Knowledgeable in different types of spotting and laundry chemicals.
- Knowledgeable in Birch Street, Opera and Micros.
- Knowledgeable in Washer, Dryer, Pressing Machines and Dry Cleaning Machine.
- Good in Oral and Written Communication.
- Can handle pressure
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.