Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Laundry Supervisor and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To manage the hotel laundry operation effectively and efficiently ensuring excellent Laundry/dry-cleaning services in accordance with Sofitel standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and train staff in day-to-day laundry operations and prioritizing of daily tasks
- Ensure guest laundry, dry cleaning and pressing is completed according to set standards
- Ensure all guest requests are promptly and professionally met; liaise with Resident Services Manager and Butler team in this respect
- Records guest and staff laundry lists accurately
- Fully complies with Opera system requirements, by posting bills accurately and on time
- Ensure that guest supplies are in stock
- Assist Laundry Manager in assessing staff attendance and performance
- Assists Laundry Manager in the processing of all departmental paperwork
- Assist Laundry Manager in taking proper inventories and quality checks
- Training the team in LQA standards
- Conducts daily briefings with staff
- Proper fillings of all laundry reports
- Regular check all laundry machinery ensuring all filters are cleaned regularly and press covers are in good condition; reports any machine defects to Engineering
- Ensure staff are using laundry equipment properly and keeping them in good condition
- Assist and liaise with Housekeeping Manager regarding the laundering of sundry guest room items e.g. net curtains, cushion covers
- Liaise with Linen/Uniform Room Supervisor re: processing of Linens and Uniforms
- Keep a strict control of items sent for laundering by staff members
- Complies with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policy
- Adheres to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Must be able to lead and manage a team and have previous experience of doing so
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Post Secondary education
- Minimum 3 years Laundry experience preferably in a luxury hotel environment with 1 year at a supervisory level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.