Job description / Role
- To supervise the Laundry operations ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To supervise outsourced laundry services, for quality and standard procedures.
- To ensure all the equipment utilized in the laundry is well set-up and maintained and the related instructions and cycles are well adapted and followed-up.
- To ensure a correct and economical use of all the chemicals and that the formulas are respected.
- To ensure a proper storage of the chemicals, respecting the environmental procedures.
- To maintain the linen and laundry par stocks.
- To ensure laundry ambassador has a full knowledge of all the textiles and their proper care.
- To constantly check the linen, uniform for cleanliness and defects and to recommend replacement if necessary.
- To maintain constant linen flow to the floors and the outlets.
- To ensure proper distribution of all articles and efficient handling of guests, managers and ambassadors uniforms.
- To maintain a record of consumption of all the chemicals per wash and to prepare monthly productivity reports.
- To assist laundry and housekeeping operations during daily peak hours.
- To ensure work areas and stores are always in a good state of maintenance and that fire hazards and safety hazards are removed.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance through each ambassador's responsibility.
- To maintain complete and readily accessible files.
- To continuously study and evaluate the operations and procedures to increase revenue and productivity.
- To ensure proper handling of lost and found items.
- To participate in monthly inventories.
- To follow up daily check lists.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To call the Assistant Laundry Manager or the Executive Housekeeper for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To work closely and enthusiastically with other departments to ensure teamwork and the smooth efficient operation of the hotel.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To ensure a proper coverage and supervision of the Laundry at all times.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To ensure that all ambassadors are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To conduct / attend a daily line up briefing with the Laundry team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To share daily activity highlights with the Assistant Laundry Manager and / or Executive Housekeeper, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To assist in fulfilling administrative responsibilities and monitoring activities.
- To be an ambassador of the Laundry and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To assist in interviewing potential candidates and in new ambassadors integration in liaison with the HR Department.
- To create an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the ambassador.
- To develop ambassador motivation and performance through action plans. To be involved in ambassador retention and satisfaction.
- To ensure trainings and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub sections of the Housekeeping Department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Assistant Laundry Manager and the Executive Housekeeper.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.