Job description / Role
Our Client is a fast growing and dynamic trading company operating globally in the downstream Oil and Gas sector. They are looking for an experienced in house Lawyer to join the Legal Division. The ideal candidate shall possess a strong understanding of the energy & commodities trading sector as well as the energy industry overall.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent technical understanding of international commodities trading law, carriage of goods by sea, associated sale and purchase, storage and ancillary agreements.
• Strong international commercial dispute/claims management experience.
• To be the first point of contact for the provision and procurement of legal services in fast paced environment involving high-value matters. Instructing, managing and supervising external legal resources.
• Developing and managing internal legal resource.
• Assisting during all stages of disputes from live advice to managing arbitration, litigation, mediation and enforcement primarily with respect to trading and shipping disputes but also other disputes or investigations as necessary.
• Reporting to management and commercial desks on the progress of disputes and strategy.
• Provision of legal assistance on emergency issues.
• Advising upon a variety of corporate agreements in support of the businesses including joint venture agreements, share/asset sale/purchase contracts and associated documentation and MOUs
• Drafting and advising on finance documents.
• Advising on regulations relevant to the business.
• Establishing strong working relationships across the business.
AED 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 5+ years of qualified experience, although candidates outside this with relevant skills also considered.
• Practiced at a top law firm or at a top trading firm.
• English or common law-qualified.
• English language essential and legal drafting capability essential.
• In-house experience a plus, especially in commodities trading sector.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Positive, self-motivated, committed, pro-active and efficient.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to communicate complex legal issues in a digestible manner.
• Ability to relate to commercial staff and management under pressure and with commercial perspective.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with people at all levels across the business.
• High integrity essential.
About the Company
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.