Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Lead Civil & Structural Engineer to join its team in Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidate will Lead a team of Onshore Civil & Structural Engineers and Designers for large-scale Oil and Gas Projects. The candidate should be flexible in assignments, and eager to learn. Willing to have the patience to face work pressure & changes.
- Develop Civil & Structural design from the Conceptual Stage through the Detailed Design Stage providing sustainable and efficient solutions.
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & sites for Civil inputs, schedules and related issues
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables.
- Prepare Design Basis, technical specifications/philosophies, work scope/tender documents/narratives
- Preparing / Checking Calculations, General Arrangement, Detail Drawings, 3D Models and MTO
- Attending inter-discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model reviews with client
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements
- Evaluate supplier/subcontractor bids for compliance to internal & client specifications and scopes of work.
- Provide technical evaluation of supplier bids and present to project management.
- Lead, motivate, coach and manage a team independently.
- Should actively participate in various project workshops/reviews such as HAZID/Layout Reviews, 3D Model Reviews/Constructability reviews.
- Ensure engineering competence, interpersonal / team building skills & leadership skills.
- Ensuring all deliverables comply with quality as per Wood /Client specifications & standards.
- Ensure that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required.
- Implement staffing development plans and assign staff to specific projects or proposals.
- B.E /B.Tech Civil Engineering as a minimum. Candidates with Masters in Structural Engineering are preferred
- At least 15 years of experience in Oil & Gas projects Design from Conceptual stage to Detailed Design Stage
- Must have sound working experience in using British and American standards for civil & structural works.
- Hands on experience in industry software, such as STAAD Pro Connect Edition, Mat 3D, Foundation 3D, PROKON, 3D Model Review Tools (SPR & Navis Works), MS Office Suite, etc.
- Able to communicate in English both in verbally and writing with other disciplines & multinational work forces in effective manner
- Experience in design of Plant layouts, roads, drainage systems, etc
- Experience in designing different types of concrete and steel structures like,
- Structures like Pipe racks/ Pipe bridges, Sleepers
- Process structures/Equipment support structures
- Equipment foundations such as Heat Exchangers, Vertical & Horizontal Vessels/Drum, Columns/ Towers, Very large Tanks, Spheres etc
- Dynamic load structures of Compressor & Pumps
- Equipment Shelters, Plant Buildings like Control Room, Substation buildings, Admin blocks, Site Camps,
- Blast resistance design of Buildings and Structures
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.