Job description / Role
My client is a leading EPC contractor specialising in oil and gas and marine construction projects. They are currently looking to recruit a lead civil/structural engineer to be based in the UAE. The role will include the following;
- Ensure work is carried out competently and effectively, within time and budget constraints
- Review and optimization of EPC Project Design produced by Engineering Sub-Contractors.
- Overall supervision and follow-up of civil/structural engineers, designers and technical personnel in the expedition of civil/structural technical submissions and deliverables
- Effective interaction with client engineering team for approval of design deliverables
- Participation in Site survey and data collection for civil/structural design
- Participation in design reviews, value engineering workshops/studies
- Ensuring technical integrity of the Civil/Structural deliverables for the project. In particular ensure compliance with the work scope, Project specifications and with applicable international standards.
- Preparation and review of specifications and data sheets for Civil materials (concrete, rebars, gratings, pipe racks, fire proofing, industrial buildings, fences, metallic shelters etc.).
- Inspection and testing and technical evaluation of civil/structural materials (when required).
- Competent on studies using software for concrete and metallic structures (e.g. STAAD, ANSYS etc) and calculations of lifting beams, metallic supports.
- Preparation of rebars schedule from RC Drawings/Calculations.
- Coordination of Civil/Structural Sub-Contractors.
- Coordination with Vendors and Vendors drawing review
- Support on Construction and pre-Commissioning Teams for the preparation of the Method Statements and procedures and clearance of punch items
Candidate should have the following skills and experience;
- Graduate Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (MSc will be considered as an advantage)
- 10-15 years’ experience in engineering design preferably within EPC Contractors Technical Office or in engineering consultancy organizations, with sound experience in the designs for offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities
- Ability to function independently within a team environment.
- Involvement in a Construction Project environment will be considered an advantage
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other disciplines for inter-disciplinary interaction.
- Knowledge of International codes and standards, ADNOC and Shell DEP standards.a
- Excellent Command of English Language
About the Company
CG Resourcing are a boutique recruitment company specialising in supplying mainly white collar professionals to the construction and engineering industry throughout the world. Our main center of operations are the Middle East and Africa regions although we also have experience of recruiting for Australasia, Russia, Western and Eastern Europe and throughout Asia. All CG Resourcing staff have over 15 years of experience of recruiting for the construction and engineering markets both in the UK and throughout the World so are true experts in their field!
We aim to work with our clients on a one to one basis so we can develop a unique understanding of their exact requirements, offering them a truly bespoke recruitment service that address's all of their requirements. Our service can be tailor made to cater for mass recruitment, campaigns, one off executive placements or multiple placements on large construction projects.
We are able to source candidates of any level and from any part of the world and are now the trusted recruitment partners of many industry leading construction organisations!
- Construction - build and civils
- Rail and metro.
- Bridges and building structures
- Highways and infrastructure
- Project Management.
- Health and Safety
- Planning and Project Controls
- Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration.
- Environmental and Geotechnical
- Facilities Management
- Human resources, finance and support services, Administration