Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a lead data engineer, you will manage a team tasked with the technical design of data products capable of transforming the company and meeting the highest software
What you'll be doing
• Acting as the technical authority for the wider team and the products developed.
• Leading sprint planning and managing the data engineers' workload effectively.
• Writing a performant Python code that accomplishes the job quickly and securely.
• Working on Google Cloud Platform and utilising relevant services to deploy products.
• Guaranteeing the quality and on-time delivery of the team's code and pipelines.
• Maintaining an overview of technical debt and ensuring that we pay this down.
• Keeping your technical knowledge up to date via training and other methods.
• Coaching the data engineers to ensure they perform to the best of their abilities.
• Supporting the data engineers with their work when required or requested.
• Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
What you'll need to succeed
• Strong desire to deliver high-quality work together with a high-quality team.
• Proven ability to write and deploy Python and SQL in production via CI/CD.
• Good understanding of cloud technologies, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike.
• A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
• Being Inclusive
• Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
• Communicating effectively
• Demonstrating Customer Centricity
• Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
• Demonstrating Strategic Vision
• Developing & Engaging Employees
• Driving Innovation
• Driving Results
• Understanding & Developing Self
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.