Job description / Role
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking lead document controller to join our established and growing team in UAE.
The role is required for major development in Dubai.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing direction and governance of business processes on behalf of your line manager and ensuring designated programmes are operating to schedule and desired documented levels of control and discipline.
• Providing a focal point of contact for the team on your packages of work and support team on meetings and daily work.
• Maintaining accurate records of all documents at all times.
• Managing and coordinating the sub-document management team to complete daily operational tasks and activities, under the established IM procedures.
• Assisting and ensuring timely delivery of the submissions for information or for approval to the client via project’s EDMS or additionally via another method if so, required by the client.
• Distributing documents to the relevant project team members, ensuring they have the correct documents in a timely manner.
• Ensuring consistency of document submissions in adherence to the project document control procedures.
• Ensuring that all project participants have access to the latest documents/drawings through the document management system.
• Complying with requirements outlined in the project document management plan and BIM execution plan.
• Ensuring that as-built, record drawings and operations manuals are available at the end of the project in a format as may be approved by the client.
• Support with administration and coordination of training of information systems where required. This is to include supporting the supply chain in delivering their document control responsibilities.
• Providing “super-user” services associated with the project document management systems including folder creation and administration of starters and leavers. Ensuring that access permissions/security is correctly applied.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You must have proven experience in leading document control function on major developments equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.