Job description / Role
Lead Engineer/Resident Engineer - Tunneling (KSA)
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for an Lead Engineer/Resident Engineer with extensive Tunneling experience to lead the construction on a PMC design & supervision project .
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
The key objectives of the role are to;-
* to lead the construction on the PMC design & supervision project?
* establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* initiate and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* officially handover the site to the contractor
* arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site
* review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits
* ensure the contractor liaises with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up
* certify interim and finalize payments after full review and consultation with the responsible RE, ARE and Quantity Surveyor
* prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
How will know when you are successful in this role?
* No lost time incidents
* Project delays are minimized
* The Quality of work is satisfactory
* All claims are handled effectively
* All close-out procedures are completed on time
* The project is delivered on time or within the shortest practical period
* High team morale and low project staff turnover
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following;
* Chartered / Professional Engineer
* 15+ years' experience of managing major construction projects.
* Tunneling experience
* BEng / BSc (Hon) or other relevant qualification with minimum
* Have regional experience
* Comprehensive experience in associated discipline software
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If you're fluent in English, with a passion for new technology, and thrive upon 'thinking out of the box' to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is the right company for you!
You'll be joining a diverse group of individuals including engineers, scientists, technicians, consultants and academics, who work together to provide the most effective and sustainable solutions for our clients.
What's in it for you?
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business execution plan, we are seeking leaders that share our guiding principles - we value our people and our reputation; we are locally dedicated with international scale; we are future focused and challenge the status quo; we foster collaboration in everything we do, and we have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.