Job description / Role
In a business where our people are our products and assets, inspiring excellence in how we engage with our clients is something that we are passionate about.
As part of the ambitious growth plans within the region, we are looking for a seasoned professional to join our Deal Activation team at the Associate Director level as a Lead Negotiator. The key focus of the role will be to support negotiations strategy methodology along with design and deployment plans in the regional Markets Activation. This Job will support the Regional Deal Activation Leader to cascade global best practice, process consistency and synergies for negotiations to be activated and implemented. This Job will additionally support the development of negotiations tools and processes to support regional teams and will report into the Regional Deal Activation Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
• As the Lead Negotiator within the Deals Activation Team you will act as a key contributor of information and best practices between the Global and the Region Negotiations layers to activate and maintain Negotiations.
• Provide consistent direction around Negotiations and leverage proximity and relationships with internal stakeholders to facilitate and encourage successful integration of Negotiations across priority deals in the region.
• You will also provide advice / counsel to the pursuit teams on commercial strategy for large complex deals and engage directly to coach clients and their teams on deals to negotiate the best possible commercial terms whilst maintaining oversight of priority deals across relevant regions.
• Strong Analytical and decision-making skills are also a key part of this role, as you will be required to exercise considerable independent judgment when analyzing information and evaluate results to recommend the best strategy and solution. This is in addition to Identifying opportunities for increasing sales and drives towards achieving the global Revenue objectives and demonstrating versatility in a constantly evolving environment, with a wide variety of social styles.
Skills and Attributes for Success
• Experience working in Contract Management with a strong understanding of the Procurement and Purchasing processes of a large consultancy. Along with an understanding of the Sales Cycle Methodology.
• Strong commercial mind with the confidence to challenge Internal Stakeholders when required.
• Challenging account teams on pricing/negotiations strategy to ensure fees are established at appropriate margin levels.
• Developing strong commercial messaging and EY differentiators per top-end opportunities.
• Support pipeline development and pursuit excellence within the service line by identifying opportunities and assisting with assigning appropriate resources to support it and executing a successful strategy to win.
• Performs client win/loss debriefs on key pursuits.
To qualify you must have
• Degree - Legal degree preferred OR Procurement qualification e.g. CIPS
• 10 + years previous sales, procurement & contracts and business development experience
• Experience working in a large Global organization
• Unparalleled communication style as well as demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
• Experience in delivering business development support in complex, multi-country environments
• Experience of working with formal tendering processes and procedures
• Exposure to senior leaders, both internal and external, displaying examples of needs assessment and a focus on mutually beneficial solutions
• Flexibility to travel (at short notice sometimes) within the region
Ideally, you will also have
• Expert ability to team with and influence partners and senior leaders to formulate the best strategy to serve the client
• In-depth understanding of EY's service offerings, sales/pursuit methodologies, tools and enablers
• Deep knowledge of ongoing market trends, issues and competitive intelligence that create opportunities for Business development
• Strong external market presence underpinned by social media activity, external event speaking etc.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen and display great passion for their work. It is important to be able to thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality. You must be able to work within a matrixed organization-balancing the needs of the client against firm initiatives and goals. You will need to identify appropriate product/service offerings to meet the client's needs and determine how best to position the offering with the client. You must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, make complex decisions such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with clients (external and internal) and overcome obstacles autonomously.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we have a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
• Opportunities to hone your strengths, develop new skills and progress your career both within MENA and globally
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply online now.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.