Job description / Role
OSS / On Site Services is looking for a motivated, experienced and skilled Gas Specialist with expertise in repairing power generation equipment. You will have leadership skills and a desire to learn and grow in this ever-evolving industry. You should have knowledge of GE, Alstom or similar other OEM power generation equipment and experience with welding, and operation of large portable lathes, boring bars, drills, laser/optical alignment kits and mills.
The general tasks and responsibilities of a Gas Specialist includes, but not limited to the following:
- Lead and supervise repair jobs at Customer sites and act as the representative of OSS in front of the customer (internal and external) to ensure safe, quality and timely completion of work.
- Support OSS Service Manager (SM) for on-site repairs.
- Execute assignments according to GE EHS and Quality requirements & ensure rules are understood by the crew prior to the start of work.
- Complete all pre-job planning and post job reporting required, fulfilling the needs of the customer as assigned including machine and tooling preparation, ordering parts and supplies.
- Hold daily Tool Box talks with the crew to address any safety issues that may arise & ensure that EHS & Quality activities are well documented.
- Provide technical and EHS direction to those performing the work on Customer sites.
- Special duties can include but not be limited to: projects as assigned by management, development of innovative service offerings, delivery of training, and drive safety, quality, and customer-centric culture.
- Provide OSS progress reports to internal customer team and OSS Service Manager.
- Mentor and develop OSS technicians on the job.
- 10 years experience as a Gas Specialist on power generation equipment.
- Strong knowledge of GE/Alstom and oOEM Turbines.
- Ability to work according to a time schedule and meet deadlines accordingly.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle complex work-packages.
- Ability to work in different countries and cultures.
- Able to understand/read technical work instructions in English.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Good negotiation and communications skills.
- Willing to train other persons according to the requirements (OJT).
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and work in a team of Onsite Service Crew.
- Work effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work globally on short notice and for extended periods of time, including weekends and holidays. This position requires 70 - 80% travel.
- Commitment to environmental health and safety.
- Commitment to integrity.
- High degree of experience / expertise with machining and repair of power generation Turbine equipment repairs.
- Experience with developing work instructions and leading machinists on site.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications in standard and metric dimensions.
- Competent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and earn and maintain the respect of our customers.
- Strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn and adapt.
- Able to cope with emergent request and respond fast.
- Demonstrated self-starter and change agent
- Skilled in MS Suite, including Outlook and Schedule
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.