Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Process Engineer to join our team in Dubai, UAE
This is a Home Office position based in Dubai, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Normal working time will be 48 hours per week
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the candidate will assume sole responsibility for the project process systems.
- To manage the Process engineering and design team.
- To have single-point responsibility for all process engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process systems.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager.
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be willing to make occasional visits to Iraq
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design and selection
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
- Experience with Concept Selection and FEED studies.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Experience with Sour Service Operations would be an advantage.
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.