Job description / Role
You have the experience, expertise and drive to lead. What you're missing is the freedom to create your dream and the opportunity to make an impact. When you join DarkMatter, you'll find that freedom and plenty of opportunities.
As a Lead Software Security Researcher, you will:
- Lead large security projects.
- Analyze applications to understand how they work, where they have weaknesses and demonstrate how identified vulnerabilities can be exploited by developing Proof-of-Concepts.
- Conduct research in new techniques, mitigations and identify zero-day vulnerabilities
- Produce accurate security advisories to vendors, write technical blog posts, present at conferences or create white papers.
- Deliver security reports by performing security audits.
- Mentor and coach colleagues on technical topics.
- Nurture relationships with all clients.
- Improve testing methodologies.
- Conduct technical interviews.
- Assist management with certain requests.
- Perform technical QA on security reports.
- Scope security assessments.
- Development security tools.
- Collaborate with a great team of security experts and work in a lab environment.
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers.
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or obtained relevant security certifications.
- 8+ years of experience in Security Research.
- Deep understanding of various software security vulnerabilities, threats and attack vectors on different environments, and reverse engineering.
- Research experience in software and/or devices such as Operating Systems, ICS, smart cards, web servers, Smartphones, email servers, web applications, clients and readers etc.
- Software development experience in at least three of these languages: C/C++, C#, Java, Swift, Objective C).
- Advanced in one or more assembly languages (x86/64, ARM, etcâ€¦).
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, GO or Ruby).
- Strong foundations in computer architecture, network, web technologies, Operating Systems or embedded systems.
- Proven participation in responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities, blog, Capture the Flag events, presented at known security conferences and Bug Bounty programs would be an advantage.
- A desire to innovate in the UAE.
- Sufficient in English speaking and writing skills.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right next to the most perfect beaches, is a place where geniuses make an impact.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in one of the fastest moving and most dynamic cities on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is a high-tech oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.