Job description / Role
In this role, you will work closely with customers to understand and define their requirements, develop technical proposals, and implement GE digital solution. You will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor, on these engagements, contributing to software implementation, troubleshooting, customizations, upgrades, and integration into customer systems while balancing scope versus project time and resource commitments.
In this role, you will:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents such as PIDs, datasheets, DCS, OEM manuals, etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the working principle of various equipment (rotating/fixed) operation.
- Min 5 years of working experience within the power, oil & gas industry or related consulting roles.
- Serve as a technical leader or mentor on complex, integrated customer implementations, either within individual project teams and/or cross-organizationally
- Provide expert knowledge and experience to collaborate with the customer to identify technical requirements and estimate the technical effort required to implement complex software solutions
- Contribute to technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements
- Deliver detailed design specifications as per customer requirements
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Services Consultants throughout the project to identify and scope applications changes while adhering to the change management process
- Execute on and serve as technical lead for the implementation of software solutions
- Own technical deliverables for assigned area of work
- Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on design, and functionality
- Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
- Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution and implement processes to ensure best use of GE Digital products and services
- Maintain strong customer relational and communication skills
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy (as needed) and project execution
- Effectively apply GE execution methodology and project standards
- Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge
- Work independently as well as part of the team
- Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline specifically in mechanical or instrumentation desirable.
- A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial systems related field.
- Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture
- Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools, Eclipse, or C# programming
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software development practices, languages, and tools
- Experience with enterprise software and large distributed systems
- 5+ years' experience in software analysis, design, methodology, implementation and architecture
- Deep Knowledge with Windows, .NET, SQL databases, Web Services and SOA technologies
- Strong spoken and written English language skills
- Experience with data extraction and conversion.
- Ability to articulate GE's value proposition to customers
- Understand customers' needs in an industrial setting
- Ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and independently develop solutions
- Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill.
- Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals.
- Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to travel at least 50-70% of the time.
- Applies technical fundamentals in specific projects. Applies architecture development process & methods at various stages of the project lifecycle. Applies architecture adoption best practices on multiple programs.
- Possesses proven ability to deploy in on premise and/or cloud based environments.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions.
- Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
- Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
- Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment in order to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer.
- Plans and facilitates collaborative discussions with client and others within GE to identity and prioritize client's overall business needs.
- Understands when and when not to depart from the standard provision of deliverables. Implements scalable systems according to governance and standards guidelines/boundaries, collaborating with others as necessary.
- Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction.
- Serves as a mentor to newer team members in support of business goals and objectives and product development roadmap
- Continuously measures the completion rate of personal deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments.
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
- Engages positively across multiple departments, GE businesses and customers as needed to manage conflict and establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve a business goal.
- Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.