Job description / Role
We are committed to building a consistent foundation of leadership capabilities for all EY people and we develop learning to support the deployment of critical strategic initiatives and skills aligned to the future of work.
Our purpose is to develop the EY professional of the future. As part of a global network we design and deliver learning to develop our people to better serve our clients and grow our business, now and in the future. You have the opportunity to join the MENA Talent Development team and work closely with other dynamic members of the wider MENA Talent Team.
You will be Responsible for supporting the Assurance service line across the UAE and Bahrain, working closely with the Strategic Talent Consultant (STC) to support the provision of advice and consultative guidance on all talent matters that contribute to achievement of service line (SL) strategy and objectives. Responsible for a given population of employees and seek to have the best people solutions delivered to meet the strategic imperatives of the business. The role holder will be responsible for providing analysis, advice and insight that will have an impact on business performance.
Strategic talent initiatives and planning
- Partner with stakeholders to deliver the wider SL Talent strategy aligned to regional/global priorities as determined by STC
- Working closely with the STC and Business Leadership to understand Talent Agenda and execute innovative HR programs in line with this
- Facilitate change and support the implementation and successful adoption of projects and initiatives on the Region or Area/Global Talent agenda
- Maintain a strong understanding of market trends that affect our industry and the resulting talent profile required to support the SL/BU
- Champion EY's D&I strategy within the Region/Country
- Contribute to workforce planning activities in terms of understanding capability, skills development, pipeline
- Use data analytics to provide insight on trends, potential areas for concern and to inform solutions
- Once the workforce plan has been created, understand the implications of future demands on current talent services; share information and work with other talent functions as needed to adapt to any changes
- Partner with Business in the planning and delivery of large-scale redundancies/restructures, mergers & acquisitions
- Build and maintain influential relationships with business leaders, working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs.
- Develop strong relationships with other Region, Area and Global talent functions, both from a SL and CoE perspective, leveraging and supporting to drive talent solutions/initiatives from other talent functions
- Drive for consistency and simplification of SL talent activities and adoption of global processes - challenge the need for differentiation but enable it where it drives value and is cost-effective
- Use data provided by technology and /or HR Services to provide insights to business (e.g. retention hotspots, capability gaps, excessive use of overtime etc.)
- Maintain a strong understanding of key business and financial drivers that determine SL/BU success
- Escalation point for high risk ER cases, working closely with Operational Teams to resolve matters
Influencing Culture Change
- Champion and drive change within a specific client group, embedding behavioural change to align with talent priorities (e.g. flexible working); advise business leaders in effective change management strategy and deployment of change
- Advise the business on developing a culture within the SL that underpins our values, promotes high-performance teaming and enables the delivery of exceptional client service and partner with business to implement supporting actions
- Work with the D&I function to advise and support D&I initiatives from a SL perspective; advise the business on cultivating an inclusive and flexible work environment that values diversity, working with Talent Consultants to deliver and drive these in the SL
- Challenge and coach local Leadership to drive change and support the implementation and successful adoption of projects and initiatives on the Region or Area/Global Talent agenda
- Monitor the effectiveness of change initiatives, taking appropriate action
- Remain aware of HR trends to inform decision making and build case for change
- Advise and guide the business on the key behaviours, practices and solutions that will build EY's organisational capability and accelerate the engagement of our people and partners; work with them and other Talent Consultants to implement supporting actions
- Reinforce the importance of LEAD practices and actively promote the new way of delivering careers, development and performance across all ranks and SLs
- Collaborate with D&I and Total Reward Leaders to provide input as needed to recognition programs and other initiatives that promote diversity, health and well-being; drive adoption of such programs in the business through advising on the benefits and how it support our exceptional EY experience
Skills and attributes for Success
- Leadership capabilities and ability to manage resources
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Credibility with business leaders based on a detailed understanding of the business and how better engagement with Talent can deliver improved performance
- An understanding of digital technology's impact and the opportunities it creates
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between the talent team strategy and business strategy
- Ability to develop clear, actionable Talent plans flowing from business strategy
- Strong client focus with the ability to build good relationships and work virtually/ across borders
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organisation at all levels
- Ability to engage and influence others, with good change management skills and a desire to act as a change agent
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong experience of working in HR with deep knowledge of HR trends, leading HR practice and talent management practices
- Communicating with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing successful change in complex environments
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.