Job description / Role
We are currently recurring for a Learning and Development Manager for a well-known entity in Dubai. In this role, you will be expected to assist the Head of Learning and Development & Head of HR ME with the implementation of the UK&ME Talent strategy, delivering new initiatives and programs and to provide innovative, business-focused solutions to support the professional development of all staff across the Middle East offices.
Other Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Design and Delivery
• Work with the Head of L&D and Head of HR Middle East to identify and address development needs of individuals or groups across the Middle East offices.
• Design and deliver creative, engaging and blended development solutions appropriate to the audience (lawyers and business services).
• Support the Head of HR and L&D Manager on annual promotion assessments and applications for the firm's milestone career development programs.
• Build strong relationships within the Firm at all levels in order to understand the priorities of the various practice groups / departments.
• Build a network of strong relationships with external suppliers (as required) to ensure effective design and delivery of all L&D solutions.
• Work with groups and individuals to progress their personal development plans through coaching, mentoring and expert advice.
• Provide first-line advice to HR, partners, counsel and managers regarding development solutions in line with best practice guidelines.
• Liaise with Practice Development Lawyers/Counsels to a) ensure appropriate legal skills development is available and b) establish develop framework/curricula of Legal skills training to meet requirements of Legal Affairs Department (LAD) for the Middle East offices to ensure legal needs.
• Promote the use of Percipio across offices to enhance the existing program and offer a blended and mobile learning approach.
• Ensure robust evaluation processes are implemented to produce quantifiable and qualitative ROI data for any high value programs.
• Promote Learning & Development initiatives across the Middle East offices developing a communication plan and collating relevant content for online portal, L&D bulletins and other related documentation in conjunction with UK L&D team.
• Draft relevant policies that require a development focus for the Middle East.
• Conduct regular (internal and external) analysis of trends and themes in HR and L&D to continuously improve the quality of the L&D offering at the company.
• Promote the work and profile of the L&D department by providing exemplary client service to all staff in the Middle East
• Represent the Firm at external legal and Professional Services networks and events
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Significant experience designing and delivering L&D/Talent management solutions within an international law firm or professional services environment including webinars, e-learning and mobile solutions.
• Experience of administering and reviewing psychometric tests. Experience of MBTI/DISC/Hogan or similar tools is desirable.
• Experiencing of coaching and mentoring individuals. A coaching qualification is desirable.
• Experience of driving forward L&D in a changing cultural environment.
• Sound grasp of technology platforms and virtual learning systems (such as Adobe Connect). PC literate with excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
• Degree or equivalent and / or relevant professional qualification in HR or L&D.
Personal Skills / Attributes
• Willingness to travel to all Middle East offices (and UK offices when required).
• Positive, proactive and motivated, thrives on owning new initiatives and delivering creative client-focused, quality solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident and engaging presenter and facilitator.
• Good team player and able to quickly establish collaborative working relationships with the team and others within the wider firm.
• Strong influencing skills across all levels to ensure key stakeholders are kept fully informed and are supportive of L&D activities.
• Strong attention to detail, professional and calm under pressure and highly organised to successfully manage a varied workload.
• Carries out all responsibilities in a way which supports the firm's values and promotes its equal opportunities and diversity principles.
• Ability to be an ambassador for the company, being professional in outlook, attitude and appearance.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.