Job description / Role
The purpose of this position is to be the professional lead of Learning and Development for all Serco Dubai Metro and Serco Dubai Tram, internal customers within the transport portfolio and external customers. Ensure Serco Dubai Metro and Serco Dubai Tram meet or exceed industry’s best practice and legal requirements with regards to the design and application of the Competency Management System.
• Manage all Learning and Development functions within Dubai Metro and Tram which include but not limited to: operation training, maintenance training, supervisory and management training and succession planning
• Identify and establish framework and plans for staff learning and development to support business strategies and organisational goals
• Develop the Learning and Development policies and annual plans based on the priorities and needs of the corporate and individual departments
• Train and coach line trainers in the design and delivery of learning programmes
• Assess the overall organisational competency strength and plan to meet any identified gaps
• Develop training interventions from both internal and external sources to uplift the standards of the company’s expertise and competency levels
• Work closely with the line managers to identify the training needs of the members of staff
• Support HR in the development of Emiratisation development programmes
• Ensure all new starters within L&D receive a full departmental induction and all necessary training for them to become competent in their role within their probation period within the Training Department
• Manage the Serco City & Guilds and ILM centres to retain low risk status for all qualifications, including Rail Operations and Engineering, Education and Training, Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance, Business Administration
What we are looking for in our candidates:
• Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years of work experience in a railway, metro system or engineering environment
• Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years of experience within a training environment
• Minimum 3 years work experience in a team management position
• Preferable a degree holder in any discipline
• Professionally qualified with membership of a recognised professional institution
• Ideally holder of recognised qualification in adult education or equivalent
• Ideally holder of internationally recognised assessor and verifier awards
• Ideally holder of internationally recognised qualification in management
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.