Job description / Role
The Learning and development Specialist is responsible in providing comprehensive training and development service to the company, ensuring that all staff achieves high professional standards and necessary skills to help the company attain its strategic objectives.
• Deliver variety of established Company training programs in accordance to the training and development strategy for the company and to support the Company’s business plan.
• Extend full support and train staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated to carry-out their responsibilities based on required standard.
• Develop a training calendar in alignment with the employees’ development needs
• Develop, revamp and deliver training programs and materials for in-house trainings.
• Work hand-in-hand with the HR Manager and Line Manager in developing new programs to meet the identified needs from staff or store assessment performance.
• Support HR team with wider learning activities like coaching, mentoring and leadership development programs
• Liaise with departments, managers and staff to discuss the brand training needs and be aware of the upcoming training and development opportunities.
• Regular evaluation of training programs and finding possibilities to improve it.
• Track the learning modules that all the employees attend
• Review and amend training programs in order to adapt to changes occurring in work environment and as requested by a certain brand.
• Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance etc as required
• Constantly seek to expand the knowledge of the local marketplace and practices
• Update and maintain all necessary training and development records of the stores.
• Any ad hoc assigned by the management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Good oral and written skills in English
• Excellent understanding of training and development principles
• IT literate with excellent computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Applications
• Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Training and Development mainly in retail industry.
• An independent person who can work with minimum supervision
• Should be adept at handling work of confidential nature
• High standard of attention to detail
• Flexible and able to work in a busy environment
• Ability deliver and train employees
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
About the Company
Al Boom Marine is a leading lifestyle retail and distribution company that operates in the GCC and MENA regions, with more than 25 brands and over 60 retail through concept and own multibrand stores, as well as more than 300 active wholesale accounts. Concepts and brands diverse from lifestyle, leisure and watersports to tech and accessories.
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine is successfully growing geographically and commercially, working continuously on entertaining its clients within the categories it caters for, mostly related to people's leisure time.
Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories of its popular watersports, surf and lifestyle brands across the GCC to major sports and optical accounts. Acquiring the distribution rights of GoPro in the region, our client base now includes top electronic retail chains across the region.
The retail division is entertaining our customers through our own multi-brand stores (Beyond The Beach) and concept stores of Oakley, Rip Curl, Tommy Bahama, New Era, Seafolly and Animal. Our retail chain varies from mall stores to street and hotel concepts.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Human Resources Executive
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|