Job description / Role
The Learning and development Specialist is responsible in providing comprehensive training and development service to the company, ensuring that all staff achieves high professional standards and necessary skills to help the company attain its strategic objectives.
• Deliver variety of established Company training programs in accordance to the training and development strategy for the company and to support the Company’s business plan.
• Extend full support and train staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated to carry-out their responsibilities based on required standard.
• Develop a training calendar in alignment with the employees’ development needs
• Develop, revamp and deliver training programs and materials for in-house trainings
• Work hand-in-hand with the HR Manager and Line Manager in developing new programs to meet the identified needs from staff or store assessment performance.
• Support HR team with wider learning activities like coaching, mentoring and leadership development programs
• Liaise with departments, managers and staff to discuss the brand training needs and be aware of the upcoming training and development opportunities.
• Regular evaluation of training programs and finding possibilities to improve it.
• Track the learning modules that all the employees attend
• Review and amend training programs in order to adapt to changes occurring in work environment and as requested by a certain brand.
• Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance etc as required
• Constantly seek to expand the knowledge of the local marketplace and practices
• Update and maintain all necessary training and development records of the stores.
• Any adhoc assigned by the management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Good oral and written skills in English
• Excellent understanding of training and development principles
• IT literate with excellent computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Applications
• Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Training and Development mainly in retail industry.
• An independent person who can work with minimum supervision
• Should be adept at handling work of confidential nature
• High standard of attention to detail
• Flexible and able to work in a busy environment
• Ability deliver and train employees
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
About the Company
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.