Job description / Role
As a Regional L&D Manager your role will be to support the Tax business in developing, promoting and managing tailored learning programs and materials. You will be expected to handle the following responsibilities:
- Undertake Training Needs Analysis as required, and translate the relevant outcomes into tailored learning solutions
- Apply an understanding of business requirements and priorities – gained through consultation with the Regional L&D Director and the relevant Tax HR and Leadership stakeholders – to strategically plan annual L&D activities
- Develop and deliver on an annual L&D budget for the Middle East and Cyprus region
- Design, create and deliver curriculums and professional skills courses (both virtual and face-to-face) in line with adult learning principles and the Deloitte Global Talent Standards
- Co-ordinate and rollout service line-specific technical training, which includes the end-to-end project management of core technical skills programs
- Draw upon a strong knowledge of instructional design to craft digital and/ or virtually delivered learning programs
- Critically evaluate the quality of implemented training programs based on observation and participant feedback, and reflect the relevant insights through continuous improvement
- Facilitate professional skills programs as required to meet business needs in both Tax and cross-functional initiatives
- Design and deliver internal talent programs, including graduate and leadership development
- Align with the Tax HR team to draft and maintain internal L&D policy documents, and individual training agreements which are consistent with employee contracts and member firm legal requirements
- Prepare and facilitate ad hoc initiatives and programs with the Tax HR Leader across the Middle East and Cyprus (such as wellbeing, talent development, coaching training, etcetera)
- Provide progress reports to the Tax Business Leaders, Tax HR Leader and the Tax Lead Learning Partner
- Work closely with and report directly to the Regional L&D Director to deliver a unified vision for DME L&D and ensure outcomes in every business are targeted, complementary and high-quality
- Build and cultivate the L&D brand and value proposition through the respective service lines and their leadership
- Collaborate and align with various internal teams and stakeholders, such as the DME Tax HR and Risk Leaders, and the Global Tax & Legal Learning team to ensure that all deliverables are relevant and consistent with business needs.
- Working within the Tax L&D team, this role provides an opportunity to work with diverse businesses units and provide service across multiple geographies. The successful candidate will get an opportunity to build upon their existing leadership skills and be involved in the hands-on management of a high volume training environment as they continue to grow within the field of learning and development.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions that optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Continuous improvement of the Tax L&D offering
- Effective oversight and management of the Tax L&D team
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement across the Tax Business Line for all offices in the Middle East and Cyprus
- Timely, meaningful and upward reporting to the Regional L&D Director
- Consistent demonstration of the Deloitte behaviours and values
- Successful planning and delivery of Learning & Development initiatives.
Qualifications, Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience within the field of Learning and Development
- Full completion of an appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent which would assist in understanding key business issues and executing the L&D strategy.
- Extensive experience working in the field of corporate Learning and Development, with a strong understanding of best practices and the relevant software and systems is essential.
- Strong skills in training facilitation and instructional design will be highly regarded.
- Additional qualifications in Training and Assessment are preferred but non-essential.
- Fluent or native English language ability, Arabic is a plus
Competencies / Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
- Strong attention to detail, work accurately and good planning and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects in tandem without compromising quality
- Knowledge and dexterity in project management and the ADDIE approach
- Detailed understanding of how Learning Management Systems function, as well as an awareness of digital learning development tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, confident and solutions focused, with a developed capability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage conflicting priorities
- An aptitude for teamwork including the ability to work collaboratively and promote both team cooperation and harmony
- Proactive in finding creative solutions, and leading innovation.
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of HR
Middle East Executive