Job description / Role
Reporting to the Manager - Learning & Development, the primary role of the Learning & Development Specialist is to provide instructional design and facilitation expertise as a member of the Learning and Development department for flydubai. To enhance organisation development, by managing, developing and facilitating the delivery of comprehensive learning solutions that supports the commercial and strategic goals of flydubai. The Specialist will also support training program implementation by closely partnering with various business sections across flydubai to design learning solutions in accordance with business objectives.
- Instructional Design and delivery of class-room training programs
- Collaborate with Learning and Development team and closely partner with Business lines to develop effective training initiatives using instructional design methodology to design and deliver training that is consistent across the organization.
- Develop training programs to deliver a wide variety of technical and non-technical skills to all levels of the organization to include culture and leadership development training.
- Create employee development programs, such as Lunch-n-Learns topics, and Awareness Campaigns, etc.
- Develop training materials from beginning to end, conduct event follow-up activities, and manage learning administration tasks.
- Determine training needs and develop programs stemming from department managers' requests.
- Facilitate classroom training sessions.
- Demonstrate effective stand-up presentation, group facilitation and adult learning techniques in program delivery.
- Deliver Interventions, such as 360-degree feedback, skills training programs, team building sessions, etc.
- Serve as Learning and Development resource to create and provide development plans
- Recommend training and development plans ensuring alignment to business objectives.
- Build key partnerships with management to plan and execute training strategies to meet business needs.
- Conduct quarterly Talent Reviews with managers.
- Partner with and influence key stakeholders in determining talent/knowledge gaps within the organization and manage the implementation of proposed recommendations.
- Establish and implement service level agreements, policies and procedures with key stakeholders that promote organizational development.
- Influence and manage programs and projects necessary to support the achievement of the organisation's talent management strategy.
- Fostering strong partnerships with the business through the application of business acumen to ensure that learning interventions are aligned to business requirements.
- Support training activities within the Learning & Development team as needed
- Conduct regular and extensive 'training needs analysis' related to both the subject matter and the line department.
- Using a needs analysis, identify training priorities and recommend training programs that align to key business metrics.
- Based on classroom facilitation, document and analyse if employees meet the necessary job skills and make recommendations accordingly.
- Present new and innovative ways to engage learners.
- Develop coaching and on the job reinforcement activities.
- Provide regular quantitative/qualitative program statistics to the training manager on development interventions, which in turn will feed into the strategic plan for the department.
- Act as subject matter expert on projects and maximize working relationships with the project owners to provide ideal learning solutions to support project roll out.
- Identify and create process efficiencies.
- Share best practices and assure consistency of methods and training across the organization.
- Consult, using models and tools, to determine performance improvement opportunities in various departments.
- Creates training policy and supports compliance
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- University Degree or equivalent: Learning and Development, Adult Education or a related field preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience, including heavy instructional design/ Leadership Development programmes, E-learning development and classroom facilitation.
- Experience in developing and leading classroom courses, workshops/ Senior manager Development
Knowledge / Skills
- Specialized training in: Instructional Design, Computer Based Training, Authoring Tools, Train-the-Trainer/ Management and Leadership Development
- Oral and Written communication skills
- Certificate / License required
- ASTD/ CIPD or relevant HR qualification/ Instructional Design/ Use of Psychometric tools such as Hogan, Level A and B is an advantage
- Provide support to the Learning & Development Department.
- Help to promote a Best-in-Class Learning culture throughout the organization.
- Deliver superior internal customer focus exceeding the expectations of colleagues and business partners
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Decision Making
- Inspiring and Developing others
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.