Job description / Role
- Implement and manage the assessment program of the College in accordance with national and international assessment standards.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities related to exam preparation; explain requirements concisely and clearly; interpret statistical data; keep records and prepare reports; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Responsible for multiple block/courses at a given time.
Planning and Execution:
- Prepare a generic blueprint for block(s)/course(s) assigned
- Align all assessment items according to the blueprint and ready for assessment preparation
- Format and type examination paper in collaboration with Block/Course Chief Coordinator/ coordinators. (as appropriate)
- Responsible for test scoring both electronic and/or manual as appropriate;
- Maintain database of test use and scores.
- Perform psychometric analysis using available tools and equipment.
- Ensure the timely and accurate presentation of assessments results and reports.
Maintenance and Quality Control:
- Store, maintain and retrieve all assessment items in a local bank/database
- Ensure all items received are accurate, in proper format, and free of any technical flaws
- Perform other job related duties within ability as required and as instructed.
- Responsible for safeguarding the data from unauthorized access and abuse through established security and authorization procedures.
- Responsible management of data and systems, including data entry, auditing and reporting.
- Responsible for implementing backup and retention plans.
- Complying with all security-related procedures pertaining to any Assessment Information Resource to which they have authorized access or any information derived therefrom that they possess.
- Providing appropriate physical security for equipment, storage media, and physical data.
- Should immediately notify his/her cognizant Assessment Units Supervisor of any incident that may cause a security breach or violation of this policy.
- B.A. in any discipline.
- Five years' experience in administering, scoring, and interpreting results for a variety of tests in an educational setting preferably Health Profession education.
- Must have excellent IT Skills and variety of software (Microsoft, Statistical) and experience with various office equipment, such as Optical Mark Readers, copiers, printers, fax and scanners.
- Have knowledge of modern assessment, psychometric methods tools and procedures.
Have ability to:
- Work in a confidential fast-paced environment
- Organize large amounts of data from several sources
- Multitask in a high-volume environment
Problem Solving and Decision Taking:
- Excellent problem-solving and superior interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within position's scope of authority
Focusing on Targets and Results:
- Have excellent administrative and organizational skills and be capable of prioritizing work to deliver high standards in a demanding environment with conflicting deadlines.
- Supply information in a timely basis using appropriate reporting mechanisms and according to agreed service standards.
- Adjust plans, workload and priorities as demands change to get the job done and devise solutions when difficulties are met.
Language and Communications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbally, written and comprehension)
- Communicate clearly, confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Teacher - Foundation, Primary and Secondary
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|
Team Admin / Office Manager
Instructor in English Language
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||18 Nov|
Executive Assistant/Personal Secretary - CEO
Right Calibre Executive Search