Job description / Role
• Reinforce lessons and help students as they complete classwork. This might include small group or one-on-one help.
• Prepare and set out in an appropriate way, in cooperation with other staff, activities, materials, equipment and resources for individuals or groups of children.
• Share responsibility for children working in areas inside or outside and provide appropriate levels of support and interaction.
• Work with the teacher to ensure that realistic expectations of behaviour and achievement are set for each pupil.
• Attend and participate in meetings including reviews, parent conferences and staff meetings as required by the teacher, Year Group Leader and Principal.
• Complete any relevant paper work asked for by the class teacher and Principal.
• Undertake before school, after school and break duties as outlined by the Principal.
• Assist teachers in accompanying children from the playground and specialist lessons if required.
• Successful applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills, flexibility, creativity and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
• Bachelor Degree, preferable in education.
• Fluent in English
• Minimum 2 years in the same post.
• An excellent team player.
• Previous experience in a school.
About the Company
The Beaconhouse group has almost 308,000 fulltime students in eight countries and is possibly the largest school network of its kind in the world. Established in November 1975 as the Les Anges Montessori Academy with 19 toddlers, Beaconhouse has since grown into an international network of private schools, imparting distinctive and meaningful learning to students all the way from birth – through its partnership in Pakistan with Gymboree Play & Music – to post-graduation, through Concordia Colleges and the Beaconhouse National University.
Of these students, close to 101,000 study at the group’s flagship network, the Beaconhouse School System, in Pakistan as well as overseas, while the remaining are largely enrolled at The Educators, a parallel school network operated by the group.
The Beaconhouse of today is thus much more than just a stand-alone school. Through distinct and independent divisions across multiple destinations including the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Belgium, it caters to the education and training needs of a large and diverse group of individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and nationalities, with its activities also extending beyond education in some countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Primary Homeroom Teacher - Immediate Joining
Beaconhouse School System
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
FS Homeroom Teacher - Immediate Joining
Beaconhouse School System
Green Gulf Careers
Homeroom Teacher - Al-Mizhar American Academy