Job description / Role
Legal Advisor will be leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. The Legal Advisor will be directly involved in complex of business transactions like agreements/contracts negotiations, advising/aligning on correct actions accordingly applicable laws, drafting and revising standard templates accordingly applicable laws.
• Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
• Serve as key legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
• Judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes where warranted.
• Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that LIN SCAN conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Contributes to formulate and develop legal strategy, plans and budget for the legal department to ensure the legal policy guidelines implementation and adherence.
• Provides internal legal advisory services on legal matters related to Joint Venture, mergers, registration of new companies or liquidations and etc., to ensure that the corporate activities are in line with the applicable laws.
• Works on legal matters such as new agreements, reviewing existing agreements, establishing new companies, issue necessary documents to meet the requirements of multinational laws & maintain the International companies correct legal position.
• Maintains custody of legal documents to ensure copyright handling.
• Provides a legal advice on the potential liability, in order to take necessary steps to control the company exposure.
• Assists HR on revising employment contracts to facilitate the recruitment or dismissed of employees and to insure its conformity to UAE Labor Laws.
• Contribution on establishment of legal guidelines for tenders and review all commercial contracts that company enters to ensure its interest are safe guarded.
• Formulate, provide, advise and/or review all contracts agreements between the company, third parties and new joint ventures to ensure that the company’s interest is protected and the best commercial position maintained. To ensure the company’s interests are fully protected and redress of grievance obtained.
• Direct control, prepare, responds and lead the legal action and legal proceedings to help and improve the collection of the receivables and defend the company’s interests.
• Provide professional, written and oral, legal advice to the executives and offices to reasonably complex legal and legal policy issues.
• Relevant qualification in LAW, i.e. bachelor of law or a higher degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in the Oil&Gas sector.
• Proven track record of resolving business litigation cases.
• Commercial (Common law, Civil law, mixed law systems alike), Corporate, Labor, IP, Administrative and Penal law principles in MENA countries, branches - firm expertise and proven track record.
• Good understanding of business conduct and standards of jurisprudence in MENA countries.
About the Company
LIN SCAN has been serving the oil and gas industry worldwide providing in-line inspection, repair activities and integrity support services for more than a decade. LIN SCAN products are developed matching international and local standards also suiting individual needs of the customers. LIN SCAN possesses a huge fleet of cleaning, gauging, mapping and inspection tools designed for the service of pipeline operators.
LIN SCAN services include In-line Inspection using MFL, TFI, Caliper or Geometry & UT technologies. LIN SCAN also provides Integrity Management Support Services to Oil & Gas Industry. Other main activities include: supply of cleaning pigs, supply of traps (launchers & receivers), pipeline coating services etc.