Job description / Role
Assist the General Counsel and Group Company Secretary in providing legal opinions, reviewing and drafting documentation and monitoring legal cases mainly for Commercial Corporate and Investment Banking Group. The Legal Adviser will be also the entry point for service providers' agreements and serve as back-up for matters related to Personal Banking Group and Support functions. The Legal adviser will participate actively in managing the legal risk and raising legal awareness through the bank.
- Review and provide legal advice on agreements entered into with service providers
- Review and provide legal advice for lending and security transactions
- Review and advice on ongoing legal cases and advice the General Counsel accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to General Counsel especially on contract Management.
- Review and advice on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review and monitor progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise the General Counsel accordingly.
- Participate in preparing monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the business and support functions attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual documents to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions
- Provide continuous legal awareness to the other departments
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution
Junior Legal Counsel
Senior Paralegal / Junior Legal Counsel