Job description / Role
An exciting in-house opportunity has arisen to work for a leading international energy company.
Job Purpose: Provide legal services and counsel to ensure that the Company is operating within the Law and assuring legal representation for the company’s business. Work collaboratively with the Legal & Commercial Director to fulfil the legal/contractual obligations of the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Act as a focal point in dealing with courts, government regulators / authorities such as Sharjah courts, Dubai courts, ADX, SCA etc.. (Particularly Arabic correspondence).
• Collate and compile data, documents and materials required and assist the legal team in managing the Board meeting. Assist with Board and committee meeting agenda and support documentation. Assist with the maintenance and updating of the Board Portal.
• Providing legal guidance, advice and practical solutions and support on business matters as directed by the Legal and Commercial Director.
• Draft, review, revise and negotiate various legal documents in various areas of law as may be required for the operation of the business as directed by the Legal and Commercial Director. Assist in drafting and negotiating complex agreements as may be required for the operation of the business, and as directed by the Legal and Commercial Director.
• Under the supervision of the Legal and Commercial Director, handle complex legal matters, analyze legal (and business, where applicable) issues. Communicate legal issues and deal with internal staff and outside counsel.
• Prepare, initiate, advocate and efficiently present legal points and recommendations to business to represent them as legal counsel.
• Support in strategic involvement in corporate and project matters, contract negotiations, legislative affairs and overall compliance with international and local laws and regulations.
• Prepare and review a variety of Legal Reports. Provide appropriate in-service education on legal issues or arrange for such, as requested or needed.
• Ethics & Compliance: Perform the duties with full ethics and compliance
• HSSE: Meet HSSE responsibilities as stated in the Company's HSSE policies and related documentation/communications. Ensure implementation and full adherence to requirements of the HSSE management system as specified in the HSSE policies, procedures or any other HSSE items cascaded.
Years’ Experience: Minimum of 3-6 years experience working in a Law firm OR in-house legal position.
Qualification: LLB Bachelor of Law, Degree
Language: Fluent English Essential - Spoken and written (Contracts are typically in English)
Corporate & Commercial Law (non-contentious) experience such as general corporate advisory, assisting with corporate transactions, reviewing & drafting a range of commercial contracts, employment law matters. (Litigation & disputes lawyers will also be considered for this position, if you are keen to learn and develop in the areas of the job description)
The client is offering an attractive package including family status medical, tickets + schooling allowance. Annual Bonus is also additional.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.