Legal and Compliance Counsel
Job description / Role
As the Legal and Compliance Counsel, you will be responsible for ensuring that our client's business operations comply with legal requirements and industry regulations, as well as advising the company on all legal matters. You will work closely with management to identify and manage legal risks associated with our business operations and ensure that our company is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Luxury food and beverage brand with global operations
* Provide legal advice and support to the company on all legal matters, including contracts, employment law, intellectual property, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance.
* Draft and review contracts, agreements, and other legal documents as necessary.
* Advise on legal and regulatory compliance in various areas, including food and beverage industry regulations, data privacy, and anti-bribery laws.
* Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all jurisdictions where the company operates.
* Develop and implement compliance policies and procedures to mitigate legal and regulatory risks.
* Conduct internal audits and investigations to identify potential compliance issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Train employees on compliance policies and procedures and ensure that all employees are aware of their legal and regulatory obligations.
* Manage relationships with external legal counsel, regulators, and other stakeholders.
* Stay up-to-date on legal and regulatory developments and advise management on potential impacts to the business.
* Competitive, tax-free salary
* Remote working opportunity
* Clear path for progression within the company
* Must have an LLB and be registered to practice Law in relevant jurisdiction
* Must have a minimum of 4 years PQE with at least 2 years focused on compliance related work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||28 Mar|
Senior Legal Counsel
Legal Counsel - Investment Management
TGC Middle East
Senior Legal Counsel - Maritime
|Abu Dhabi||2 May|