Legal and Compliance Officer
Job description / Role
• Sort out and review the company's internal management system and business processes, and provide compliance improvement suggestions;
• Construct the company's compliance management system, formulate and revise the company's compliance manual and other compliance risk management rules and regulations;
• According to the company's compliance requirements and the characteristics of each business unit, draft an annual compliance work plan and implement it;
• Responsible for the formulation of various specific compliance work plans, so that the compliance work can be carried out smoothly;
• Help various business areas sort out compliance issues, formulate solutions and promote implementation;
• Actively identify, evaluate, monitor and report compliance risks, and conduct compliance reviews according to system requirements;
• Investigation and handling of violations, drafting decisions on violations;
• Promote the concept of compliance, organize compliance training and provide compliance consulting to company employees;
• Track the changes and development of laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and industry rules, and put forward suggestions for formulating or modifying the company's internal rules and regulations according to their relevant requirements;
• Complete other compliance matters.
• Minimum 2 years and above experience in compliance management or risk control.
• Familiar with international project general contracting business, including international project bidding and international project design, procurement, and construction work process.
• Possess strong organization and coordination ability and the ability to deal with and solve problems.
About the Company
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.
Al Boom Marine
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection
Compliance Officer (With Legal / Risk Management Background)
Gold Standard DMCC
Associate - Legal
Ignite Search & Selection
Regional Legal Counsel
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC