Job description / Role
Legal and compliance role focusing on FS work, within a large and very well organised company. Desirable company to work for who do not hire often in the legal sphere
My client is a major organisation with a crucial role in the successful operation of the UAE FS market. It is a public body involved in liaising and partnering with banks and other FS companies across the country. The legal department is very lean and this specific role will fall under a newly created division in the organisation.
* Corporate and Commercial responsibilities - drafting an array of FS related documents
* Keeping abreast of local an international FS regulations
* Advising management on the compliance of the business, and implement a compliance framework for the company
* Liaising with senior stakeholders at banks, brokerage firms, regulators and other FS entities day to day
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious junior lawyer to work on complex FS matters and to gain exposure to some of the most senior stakeholders in the region. You will be guided by a well regarded senior lawyer so your progression and development in the first few years will be extensive.
Working for a newly formed division in the group means that you will be involved in cutting edge matters which will be invaluable for your CV. The company itself upholds a relaxed working environment with manageable hours and plenty of opportunity for flexible working.
To be considered you MUST:
* Be fully bilingual in English and Arabic
* Minimum 4 years experience in an FS institution
* Degree in law (qualification in compliance would be added bonus)
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following:
* Dealing with regulators in the UAE
* Knowledge of the securities and derivatives markets
* Knowledge of IOSCO and PFMI principles
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Al Boom Marine
Legal and Compliance Officer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Legal Counsel Ethics & Compliance
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection