Job description / Role
Our client is a boutique investment bank headquartered in the DIFC.
• They specialize in the management of Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Private Debt Funds.
• They want employees who are in for the long haul and aspire to be a part of a growing forward looking firm.
• They wish to invest in you, guide you and support your learning and development.
• All employees are required to remain enrolled in company sponsored continuing education and training above and beyond the statutory requirements.
• They work hard, but the work is rewarding and meaningful.
• Hiring date: Immediate
• Job type: Full time (6 months probation)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist General Counsel with legal, compliance and administrative support across all business lines (including fund management, capital markets and M&A)
• Prepare and edit legal documents, regulatory filings, project plans and internal policies & procedures
• Management and track workflows and submission deadlines
• Assist with the implementation of corporate governance policies and monitor the same
• Liaise with clients and internal teams for the preparation, review and collation of due diligence and KYC/KYB materials
• Assist clients with onboarding at counterparties and service providers (including Fund Administrators, Prime Brokers, Banks, Auditors and Legal Counsel)
• Conduct legal research and prepare briefing notes in respect of the same
Skills and Qualifications
• University degree and/or professional qualification
• 1+ year of experience as a paralegal, legal assistant or similar in a reputable law firm, financial institution or corporate
• Familiarity with legal procedures and financial services regulation in the DIFC, UAE or comparable jurisdiction
• Corporate law, Banking & Finance and/or similar experience preferred
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Junior Associate - Legal
Alnair Mineral Services
A Leading Multinational FMCG Company
TGC Middle East
Junior Legal Associate / Corporate Service