Job description / Role
To support the General Legal Counsel in providing legal advisory in the best interest of the Company ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations in order to minimize the organization's exposure to legal risks, through support to management and the various business functions.
• Provide effective legal advisory services and continuous support on any arising issues that may impact the day-to-day operations within the various functions residing within the Company, suitable to their respective diverse activities, in order to ensure timely resolution of any outstanding legal matters
• Act as the lawyer to the Company on all commercial / corporate / project / finance matters including drafting, reviewing and/or approving construction contracts, service contracts, commercial contracts, consultancy contracts, employment contracts, loan agreements, joint ventures, MOUs, NDAs, regulatory matters, intellectual property, IT and trade issues. Ensuring contractual obligations adhere with the UAE laws and regulations and in line with Company's policies in order to reduce the company's liability and protect its interest
• Provide effective support and guidance to the Company's stakeholders where deemed appropriate, whilst ensuring optimal delivery of assigned duties and responsibilities
• Support and participate in negotiations and clarifications on behalf of departments to ensure the effective management of relationships between the business and third parties and accordingly draft contract conditions
• Assist in the representation of and preparation of litigations filed against the Company.
• Review remedies and resource actions against contractors for breaches of a material nature that may impact the business and provide legal advice where applicable
• Assist in the enforcement of performance bonds, insurance claims, release of liens (on international commodities) and other adjunctions in case of bankruptcy of a contractor
• Address and review any nullifications of contractual services with the respective customer/supplier and ensure contractual obligations are adhered to in line with any other applicable laws and regulations
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of contractors, consultants and PMC for compliance with contractual obligations, laws and regulations and suggest remedial actions to evade legal implications that may affect the Company.
• Prepare back charges and warranty claims against contractors and consultants
• Provide legal advice on land access rights, 3rd party obligations and issuing of any regulatory permit, where applicable
• Oversee the completion and handover of projects from a legal perspective to ensure that conditions are met and possession is effectively transferred
• Fluent in English Language skills (Essential)
• Must have UAE work experience, knowledge of UAE Law
• Excellent English communication skills in addition (Written and Verbal Essential)
• Have at least 15 years’ experience in UAE
• A graduate of the Arab University of law
• Has a master degree from Britain
• The age: Above 30 years old
• Has TOFEL Certificate 6.5
About the Company
A leading law firm in the UAE.
Legal & Compliance Counsel
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution