Job description / Role
Mubadala is an investment and development company supporting the diversification of the Abu Dhabi economy through active global operations and capital deployment in multiple sectors. Wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi, Mubadala was created in 2002 to generate sustainable financial returns for its shareholder and deliver socioeconomic benefits to the emirate. It has a portfolio valued at AED 246.4 billion (US 67.1 billion), and assets in more than 20 countries.
The company works in partnership with world-class organizations to build integrated global businesses and establish investment platforms, strengthening Abu Dhabi's competitive position in sectors such as aerospace, semiconductors, metals & mining, oil & gas, renewables, information & communications technology, healthcare, real estate & infrastructure, utilities, and defense services.
About Legal and Compliance
The Legal & Compliance Unit is responsible for all aspects of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance matters across Mubadala. By working closely with each Business and Corporate Unit, we protect and promote the best interests of the company by identifying and managing risks affecting Mubadala, its assets and its investments.
In close coordination with both the Business and Corporate Units, we engage at the outset of all projects and transactions; we draft and negotiate the documents relating to such projects and transactions and we play a critical role in monitoring and, where necessary, enforcing Mubadala's contractual and legal rights.
- Support the provision of legal services including reviewing and negotiating legal documentation and contracts, assess legal and regulatory risks in business operations.
- Advice on regulatory and corporate governance related matters and to provide direction to facilitate the making of informed decisions while managing key legal and regulatory risks.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance requirements, under the supervision of the General Counsel.
- Work with the commercial team and service towers/ units to ensure that the annexes and SOWs issued to vendors and clients are fit for purpose and can be used as annexes to issued contracts with minimal edits.
- Ensure that contracts and all other forms of legal commitments comply with the company DoA.
- Assist in identifying and assessing legal and commercial risks of transactions, and developing action plans and basic solutions on identified deficiencies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice', in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness .
Knowledge and Experience:
- Law Degree with qualification to practice law ideally in USA, UK or UAE.
- 5+ years' PQE either in house or in commercial law practice.
- Proven ability to negotiate and structure effective agreements and contracts.
- Proven ability to advise and guide management teams on legal issues with an emphasis on helping the business to grow and operate with managed risk and regulatory compliance.
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain good working relationships.
- Fluent English and Arabic.
- Ability to identify and analyze basic corporate legal issues.
- Demonstrates clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with good project management.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment under time pressure.
- Strong drive to develop improved and efficient processes.
- Organizes time to execute assigned tasks in line with Mubadala's goals.
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts, Legal & Compliance Administrator
Irwin & Dow
Legal Counsel – Commercial / Real Estate Experience Ref: 933084
Commercial / Real Estate Legal Counsel
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)