Job description / Role
• Assisting the Head of Legal in providing accurate and timely legal advice to executives in a variety of legal topics across all of LMA’s business units and in multiple jurisdictions
• Collaborating with management to devise efficient defence strategies in ongoing arbitration and litigation matters
• Assisting in the drafting of internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
• Assisting with corporate secretarial responsibilities across all legal entities.
• Drafting a variety of contracts taking into account the counterparts and jurisdictional enforcement considerations.
• Assisting in major company and Asset Acquisitions
• We are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business.
• You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and give provide advice to management about all relevant issues.
• The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
• You will report to the Head of Legal
• Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
• Outstanding communication skills
• LLB in Law or equivalent
• Common Law training shall be considered an advantage.
About the Company
Lemarc Agromond group is a solution oriented non-in house exclusive supply chain manager, targeting the midsize market which is left out of global consolidation, focused on niche operations and high added value requirements within the agribusiness and energy sectors.
We operate with the highest standards of corporate governance and Risk management. Our Trading group is a solution oriented non-inhouse exclusive supply chain manager, targeting the midsize market which is left out of global consolidation, focused on niche operations and high added value requirements within the agribusiness and Energy sectors. We operate with the highest standards of Corporate Governance and Risk Management.