Job description / Role
About the Job: Assists the Legal Department in all legal work pertaining to Air Arabia and its Subsidiaries to ensure the securing and protection of the Company’s assets, as well as legal and contractual rights. This includes but not limited to: commercial contracting, litigation and arbitration formalities, licensing, and projects coordinating. Carries responsibilities with utmost confidentiality and in alignment with law and regulations to ensure Company’s corporate image is positively reflected and maintained.
Key Result Responsibilities:
* Extends support to Air Arabia Group and Subsidiaries by providing legal advisory and consultations on all issues related to risks, law, and regulations including contracts, service level agreements, complaints, disputes, etc.
* Acts as an ambassador in deliverables as per the legal function objectives within the scope of his/ her role.
* Develops and maintains effective legal and regulatory risk control frameworks and processes in accordance with Air Arabia Group standards and business objectives.
* Effectively manages the legal risk by providing valid and accurate legal advice and proper guidance on regulatory compliance matters.
* Analyzes and develops thorough commercial recommendations and due diligence based on the requirements of the department/line manager/subsidiary.
* Drafts, initiates, reviews and edits contracts of different nature and templates to be signed between Air Arabia/Subsidiaries and external parties according to agreed terms and conditions.
* Supervises the In-house workflow of all litigation formalities and mechanisms; reviews notices, collates/reviews evidences and proofs from different sources to be considered for legal actions.
* 5+ years of experience as a lawyer or legal counsel in a multinational organization or law firm.
* He/she must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP (Intellectual Property), preferably in Airline industry; experience with low cost airline is considered a plus.
* Bachelor degree in Law or equivalent from a recognized university.
* Professional membership of Legal associations - Qualified Lawyer.
* Capable of using technology systems and tools; proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and Web Search.
* Excellent business writing and reporting skills.
* Fluent in English and Arabic Languages.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Legal Advisor (Arabic Speaker - Part Time)
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Senior Legal Counsel
Viva HR Consultants
Legal Counsel (Oil & Gas)
Senior Legal Consultant (Bilingual)
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Legal Manager - Law Firm and Inhouse Experience Required