Job description / Role
Our Client, an international maritime organisation is looking to hire Legal Counsel to provide legal support and assistance in relation to all aspects of the Group's business activities.
* Proactively provide legal advice to internal departments on legal matters, in particular:
* Advise sales team on all legal and insurance aspects of bid proposals and tenders submitted to Company's clients; assist in the negotiation of seismic contracts to ensure terms and conditions mitigate risk and align with Company policy and capacity;
* Advise marine acquisition team on charter hires (vessels and aviation), ship agency agreements and other contracts relevant for vessel operations;
* Advise technology and supply chain teams on various supply agreement;
* Manage contractual disputes as appropriate.
* Work closely with internal tax advisor to determine potential tax implications for international projects and prepare agreements between companies within the Company Group incorporating applicable transfer pricing principles.
* Evaluate and determine whether external legal advice is required and advise relevant internal department on such matters.
* Assist in drafting and revision of Company standard agreements and other legal documents as required.
* Assist in drafting, monitoring and developing internal control routines and procedures.
* Obtain and coordinate insurance terms for contracts/projects, including liaison with nominated insurance brokers and insurance underwriters.
* Manage and coordinate certain commercial claims and disputes.
* Assist and support the General Counsel as necessary.
* Occasional travel worldwide, sometimes at short notice.
* Qualified lawyer with minimum 4 years contract law experience, preferably part in an international law firm and part working with a service company in the oil and gas industry.
* Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
* Detail oriented, hands-on, driven and able to cope with demanding deadlines.
* Focus on quality and efficiency, with positive commitment to EHSQ.
* Dependable and able to deliver contribution with little direction.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.