Job description / Role
• Ensuring corporate governance and compliance with laws regulations and policies.
• Providing legal advice and direction to management, business units and other support functions.
• Identifying legal risks, raising them and proposing solutions to mitigate them in coordination with respective department leaders
• Acts as a Legal Advisor to the company as directed by the CEO and under the oversight of the General Counsel.
• Clarifies specific legal issues referred to the Legal Department by other business or support functions within the Company.
• Undertakes thorough legal analysis of disputes related to the Company.
• Advises or identifies actions to be taken or refrained from in respect of issues referred to or topics raised by business or support units within the Company.
• Drafts and reviews all sorts of legal documentation (including franchise agreements, lease agreements, distributions agreements, supply agreements, facility agreements, employment agreements, shareholders agreements, Joint venture agreements, NDAs MOU’s), offers options/suggestions as to the legal standing and legality of points.
• Liaises and follows up with external counsel under the supervision of the General Counsel.
• Negotiates agreements and settlements where legal input is required.
• Liaises with a variety of external entities as directed by the CEO.
• Manages a continual legal dialogue with the business and support units within the Company in relation to the various on-going projects.
• Stays abreast legal and regulatory changes and updates which may have a bearing on the Company and advises the relevant management accordingly.
• Informs management of implications of international rules and regulations which may affect the business of the respective units.
• Representing the organization and handling and winning the resolution of all disagreements
• 4-6 years in experience as a legal advisor in the Gulf Cooperation Countries with detailed experience of retail and distribution.
• Preferably having had a regional experience
• English is a must
• Arabic is desirable
• GCC laws
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• International law
About the Company
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection
Legal and Compliance Officer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Regional Legal Counsel
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC